Job Description and Qualifications
The Development Director is responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of operational income development and fundraising, and resource development (food drives and volunteer management) by performing the following personally or through assigned staff and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes income development plan, in conjunction with Executive Director, with short- and long-range goals to meet operational funding objectives.
- Establishes development policies, systems, and procedures for operational funding and food donations.
- Leads, evaluates and manages the Outreach Manager, who is responsible for food drives, marketing, and communications, and the oversight of the volunteer management system; and any other staff as assigned.
- Researches, develops and submits grant proposals and funding requests to foundations, corporations, United Way, CFC and other similar campaigns, and government agencies if applicable; includes all follow up reporting as required.
- Develops and implements Annual Giving Campaign.
- Develops donor retention and recognition programs in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Administers, manages and develops all special events related to income development; includes developing sponsorship opportunities and securing sponsors.
- Coordinates with Executive Director to identify and approach Operational Support Donors versus Capital Campaign Donors.
- Oversees the implementation and effective use of DonorPro, a customer relationship management (CRM) system; includes working with the Office Administrator to ensure the successful data migration of donor and volunteer information from the current system to DonorPro.
- Meets or exceeds all operational income development goals currently established, and increases development income for the future.
- Conducts presentations and attends community meetings to gain support for Manna.
- Oversees the process of recruitment, screening, and managing volunteers to provide client support (Volunteer Coordinator position is a direct report)
- Oversees the process of outreach and marketing (Outreach and Marketing position is a direct report)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong business writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal relations, communications, and organizational skills.
- Must have supervisory experience, and willingness and ability to be a team player.
- At least two years of proven, successful fundraising experience with a nonprofit or sales experience with a for-profit organization.
- Must have proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects, meet critical deadlines and is results-oriented.
- Must have strong analytical thinking, diplomatic problem solving and reasoning skills; includes the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations for change and improvement.
- Prefer someone with an understanding of nonprofit business and experience managing or working with volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and have a dependable automobile.
- Must have the capacity to be extremely mobile; therefore, all physical attributes necessary for driving independently.
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events, and work atypical hours during the week as necessary.
- Capable of lifting 35-40 lbs. minimum.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer.
- No specific certification or licensure is required; however, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.